Long-Term Substitute - Dual Language Kindergarten Teacher (Bilingual Spanish)
Round Lake Area Schools
Round Lake, IL
September 16, 2021 through November 11, 2021
$210.00 per day
SUMMARY OF CLASSIFICATION:
This position facilitates learning, academic achievement and personal development through the use of bilingual best practice. This position also develops and implements curriculum and lesson plans, utilizes technology to facilitate learning, and demonstrates understanding the varying learning styles and the needs of a diverse student population.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
LICENSURES, CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Preferred: Valid Illinois Professsional Educator's License with a K-3 or K-9 Endorsement registered in Lake County.
Required: Illinois Substitute License or Illinois teaching license registered in Lake County
Required: Fluent in Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Considerable knowledge of core curriculum areas for which the teacher is responsible for instructing, including specialized knowledge in certain fields such as reading, mathematics, science, business, music, art, languages, and so forth, as appropriate;
2. Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, and currently researched best practices and strategies;
3. Knowledge of child development;
4. Knowledge of classroom management techniques;
5. Knowledge of instructional technologies;
6. Knowledge of learner outcomes;
7. Knowledge of learning theory, students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective, and theories of multiple intelligences;
8. Knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts;
9. Knowledge of Positiv