Vice President And Manager Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for vice president and managers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 15,597 vice president and managers currently employed in the United States.
- 31.4% of all vice president and managers are women, while only 65.1% are men.
- The average age of an employed vice president and manager is 52 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of vice president and managers is White (80.8%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (6.9%) and Asian (6.8%).
- The majority of vice president and managers are located in NY, New York and IL, Chicago.
- Vice president and managers are most in-demand in New York, NY.
- Vice president and managers are paid an average annual salary of $130,959.
- The finance industry is the highest-paying for vice president and managers.
- Cranston, RI pays an annual average wage of $182,589, the highest in the US.
- Vice president and managers average starting salary is $96,000.
- In 2021, women earned 93% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid vice president and managers earn as much as $177,000 or more.
- 19% of all vice president and managers are LGBT.
- Arizona is the best state for vice president and managers to live.
- Vice president and managers are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Vice President And Manager Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Vice President And Manager
Women Earn 93¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Vice President And Manager Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the vice president and manager position over time.
Vice President And Manager Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, general superintendent and director of plant operations have the biggest difference in gender.
|Administrative Assistant To General Manager||11%||85%|
|Vice President And Manager||65%||31%|
|District Commercial Superintendent||90%||2%|
|Director Of Plant Operations||93%||4%|
Vice President And Manager Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among vice president and managers is White, which makes up 80.8% of all vice president and managers. Comparatively, there are 6.9% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 6.8% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 80.8%
- Hispanic or Latino, 6.9%
- Asian, 6.8%
- Black or African American, 3.3%
- Unknown, 1.5%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.7%
Vice President And Manager Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among vice president and managers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Vice President And Manager Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Vice President And Manager
We determined the average age of vice president and managers based on ethnicity and gender.
Vice President And Manager Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of vice president and manager employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of vice president and managers is 40+ years old, which represents 89% of the population.
Types of Vice President And Manager Degree Levels
The most common degree for vice president and managers is bachelor's degree 73% of vice president and managers earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 14% and rounding it off is associate degree with 7%.
- Bachelors, 73%
- Masters, 14%
- Associate, 7%
- High School Diploma, 2%
- Other Degrees, 4%
Vice President And Manager Jobs You Might Like
Vice President And Manager Wage Gap By Education
Vice President And Manager Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ vice president and managers. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most vice president and managers is the finance industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire vice president and managers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Vice President And Manager Work In
Employees with the vice president and manager job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most vice president and managers prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Vice President And Managers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ vice president and managers. Those industries include finance, insurance and professional.
Vice President And Manager Turnover And Employment Statistics
Vice President And Manager Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of vice president and managers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Vice President And Manager Stay in a Job
By looking over 15,654 vice president and managers resumes, we figured out that the average vice president and manager enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 30%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Vice President And Managers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to vice president and managers.
|Vice President And Manager||19.04%|
|Director Of Front Office||21.82%|
|Director Of Outreach||29.21%|
Foreign Languages Spoken By Vice President And Managers
The most common foreign language among vice president and managers is Spanish at 44.9%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 11.7% and German is the third-most popular at 6.5%.
- Spanish, 44.9%
- French, 11.7%
- German, 6.5%
- Portuguese, 5.2%
- Italian, 4.9%
- Other, 26.8%