Iowas of Oklahoma
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Provides prompt, efficient, and courteous service to Guests.
* Retains expert-level knowledge of all beverages (including flavors, ingredients, and alcohol percentage) and house recipes of beverages offered by the enterprise.
* Serves as an order taker and cashier for all beverage transactions occurring on the casino floor.
* Ensures all beverage orders are prepared to Guests' specifications.
* Replenishes beverages as requested.
* Monitors the service of alcoholic beverages and restricts Guest consumption accordingly.
* Maintains Guest self-service areas.
* Serves as a bar-back when required.
* Performs cleaning and stocking duties according to enterprise specifications.
* Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and to TICS (Tribal Internal Control Standards).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Food service experience preferred. High School diploma (or GED) and 1 year of general work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Experience working with applicable computer programs and Point-of-Sale system(s). Applicable alcoholic beverage service license required within 7 days of employment. ServSafe Food Handlers Certification required within 90 days of employment.
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other related documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
A casino environment is typically smoky.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected individual must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, the selected individual must be bondable and able to pass a background check in order to obtain a gaming license.