What Does A Water Technician Do At Kelly Services
* Ability to drive a forklift, or be certified within 90 days* Maintain Process equipment by replacement of Cu Balls/Anodes* Empty the filter press and transfer cake to sludge boxes* Complete metal precipitation / treatment by batch treatment* Manage Hazardous Waste according to RCRA regulations* Monitor wastewater effluent by sampling and analysis* Keep accurate records of all process equipment, analysis and logs* Keep electroless copper day tanks full and ready at all times* Utilize handheld monitoring equipment, (pH probes, TDS probes, metal analyzers, etc.)* Acid clean the filter press and replace filter press cloths as needed* Acid clean and backwash the wastewater system* Operate all environmental and wastewater equipment without supervision within 90 days* Manage scrap metals and monitor there recycling* Will provide on the job training to new operators to the EH&S Department* Maintain a safe, neat, and orderly workplace* Follow all safety measures when handling chemicals and hazardous waste with regard to use, mixing and disposing chemicals
What Does A Water Technician Do At Seaboard Triumph Foods
* Other duties may be assigned. * Starting, stopping, and regulating electric motors, centrifugal and positive displacements pumps, bar screens, grinders, grit collectors, air compressors, chlorinators, washers, grease skimmers, gas burners, rotary screens, conveyors, and related equipment.* Perform routine maintenance duties such as lubricating equipment and changing belts; carries out operating orders in the plant or unit of the plant to which assigned.* Read meters, gauges, and other control and measuring devices; maintains a shift log of unit operations to include records of meter and gauge readings and reports relative to mechanical repairs and plant operations.* Operate systems manually or by remote control and operating mechanical equipment which regulates the flow and treatment of sewage and sludge.* Responds to emergency call situations and perform standby duty for emergency response on weekends and holidays according to a predetermined schedule.* Make process control adjustments to keep effluent water in compliance with waste water discharge permit; keeps General Supervisor informed of all process control adjustments.* Oversee the operation of the DAF system for optimum performance.* Regulate polymer dosage for removal of solids from the wastewater.* Mix batches of polymer when needed.* Initiate repairs by maintenance personnel when needed.* Dump hopper used to collect material removed by the rotary drum system.* Transfer sludge from one storage tank to another for transferring to Rendering.* Monitor wastewater levels in the surge tank and aeration tank, and make any necessary adjustments in flow rates to maintain appropriate levels.* Periodically check the performance of the non-grease bearing wet well to insure the automatic pumping system operates properly and that the basin does not overflow causing production and environmental issues.* Adhere to all pertinent safety policies and procedures as required and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain a clean and safe work environment
What Does A Water Technician Do At Tradesmen International, Inc.
* Site inspection and reconnaissance as needed to plan job layout and related logistical requirements;* Project tool-ups and mobilization services, to include procurement, loading, transport and assemble required equipment and water transfer line;* Construction services such as excavation-type work; basic carpentry; basic plumbing; HDPE pipe fusion, basic mechanical set-ups, truck-driving, and general labor, as needed to support water supply and water transfer activities;* Quality control and quality assurance duties, as assigned, to include the reading of design drawings and specifications to support project planning and project set-ups, layout and actual construction; and to inspect work to ensure work quality and compliance with project specifications;* Equipment operation and maintenance, as needed to operate pumps, generators, and water supply and water transfer systems, in order to provide water supply or water transfer services to the clients of the Company, according to Work Order authorizations;* Equipment and system troubleshooting and repair, as needed to maintain performance as required under the Company’s contracts with its clients;* Winterization support, as needed, to enable uninterrupted water supply and water transfer services through the winter months;* Demobilization support, as needed, to remove Company equipment and systems from job sites, returning same to the Company’s storage facilities, or to the Company’s suppliers, or taking such equipment on to the next project;* Recordkeeping, as required, to document work activities being performed by yourself, and others, and outside suppliers, in conjunction with the operation of the Company’s water intakes, its water transfer business, and such other business activities as may be undertaken by the Company; and,* Overnight travel to field assignments, with work assignments continuing at times for periods of a week’s duration or longer, according to project requirements and related factors
What Does A Water Technician Do At CSS-Dynamac
* Collect water samples for bacteriological, radiological, and chemical analyses to ensure the water portability of drinking water* Work with certified laboratories to maintain proper chain-of-custody requirements and coordinate water sample shipments* Review all sample results for compliance, and immediately report all sample results to Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight (BEF) Commander* Population for NDEP/BSDR’s Safe Drinking Water Information System* Inform Civil Engineering (CE) and BEF about any non-compliance issues and take appropriate action if sample is found to be non-compliant with State or Federal regulations* Support installation response to a Notice of Violation (NOV) or anomaly with the State water regulation* Perform residual chlorine assessment and bacteriological sampling is required before use to determine if the water contains bacterial growth* Assist the Backflow Prevention Manager with 20% review of all backflow devices* Entry of all compliance result into Defense Occupational Environmental and Health Readiness System (DOEHRS)* Conducting sanitary surveys, as needed, and follow up with findings utilizing a Corrective Action Plan (CAP)* Completing Occupational Environmental Health Site Assessment surveys and Safe Drinking Program Self* Inspections in Management Internal Control Toolset every 6 months and provide corrective action plan for any discrepancies* Incidental water sampling, when needed* Conducting site visits to assess conditions that can attribute to total coliform positive sampling events* Ensure cross-connections within water systems do not exist that would jeopardize human and environmental health* Provide subject matter expertise performing water sampling and take appropriate actions to address deficiencies/non-compliance* Provide expert level recommendations for issue resolution and corrective measures ensuring desired outcomes are achieved* Document methods used and actions taken to mitigate deficiencies and non-compliance* Provide oversight and consultation to the customer* Provide management support for activities of and interact with multiple technical teams simultaneously to ensure projects were successfully completed on schedule and within budget* Maintain currency in relevant job knowledge to ensure responsibilities are successfully executed* Navigate decision-making based on the core values of the company maintaining professionalism at all times* Plan and complete work in a manner that reflects commitment to and supports achievement of quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety goals
What Does A Water Technician Do At BH Management Services Inc.
* _* Assists with interior/exterior rehabilitation and construction projects.* Make Ready Duties_* Works with the office team and Maintenance Supervisor (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.).* Completes work as directed and reports apartments that are ready to show to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.* Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs.* Coordinates efforts with Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to make schedules and assignments.* If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discusses with Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager before taking action.* Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.* Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.* Safety Duties_* Assists with the identification and correction of hazardous community conditions.* Assists with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.* May assist with repairing hazards.* Attends and participates in BH’s training programs as required.* Ordering and Maintaining Supplies_* Assists with ordering supplies and performing physical inventory of supplies.* Works with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment needs.* Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.* Available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.* Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.* On* Call and Emergencies_* Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.* Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc.* Certifications/Knowledge:_* HVAC certification preferred (most industry certifications accepted) or ability to obtain* E.P* A Certification preferred (Type II – domestic HVAC systems) or ability to obtain* E.P* A 410A certification preferred or ability to obtain* CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred or ability to obtain* Working knowledge of Microbial Growth preferred* Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair