East Lake Marathon Cashier
Cashier Job in Onamia, MN
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Responsible for greeting and serving guests in a swift, courteous, friendly manner, while promoting and upselling specific products, ensuring that consistent revenue is generated in the C-Store.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Greet and welcome guests in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner.
* Become familiar with all items and inventory, and provide assistance and information to guests.
* Operate Point of Sale system, accept payment for all sales in the form of cash, check, debit or credit cards, and make change as required. Balance drawer at beginning and end of shift. Process receipts, refunds, or credits due to customers.
* Maintain a neat, clean and well-stocked work area, including cleaning bathrooms, dusting, sweeping, and/or mopping as needed.
* Maintain strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations on propane disbursement and sticking of fuel tanks.
* Count physical inventory when scheduled; may be non-typical hours of business, i.e. late PM or early AM.
* Ensure proper inventory control, by maintaining accurate records of merchandise sold and stock on hand.
* Communicate important, relevant information to Associates on the next shift.
* Assist the Supervisor and Manager in creating and setting up displays of merchandise.
* Work to achieve and maintain a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction.
* Facilitate the flow of information throughout the store by attending regularly scheduled store meetings.
* Inspect merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced, dated, and displayed.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Any and all other duties as assigned.
The company requires every associate to:
* Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
* Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples consistent with company policies.
* Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
* Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
* Must be at least 16 years old.
* Six (6) months previous retail or convenience store experience preferred.
* If required, must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
* Must be able to pass Corporate Non-Gaming Suitability Standards background check.
* Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
* Must possess effective communication and organization skills.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to count money and make proper change.
* Must be able to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
* Talk and hear;
* See and adjust focus to include close, distance, color, depth, and peripheral vision;
* Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, and/or crawl;
* Handle objects, tools, and controls; reach with arms and hands.
* Lift, push, pull and/or move objects weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to:
* A low-to-moderate noise level (offices).
* A moderate-to-loud noise level (operations areas).
* Second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
* Moving mechanical and/or electrical components.
* Chemical solutions such as cleaning and polishing compounds.
* At times may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!