Weeks Marine Inc.
Carpenter/Labour Job in Perth Amboy, NJ
Perform maintenance, equipment operation, grounds and housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain plant sites, buildings, grounds and equipment.
Essential Job Functions
* Tending lines and monitor level loading of barges.
* Remote control conveyor work.
* Ensure plant housekeeping is maintained and that equipment is running properly.
* Assist plant manager with all tasks as needed, follow instructions and perform duties as assigned.
* Shovel out bins, maintain stock piles and assist customers.
* Safely operate equipment and perform mechanic and general labor duties
* May assist with traffic control on site when required.
* Maintain equipment in proper working order.
* Maintain an effective system of communications with drivers and crew, including supervisors, peers, operators, and customers serviced.
* Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an "Incident and Injury Free" work environment
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Prior experience working with heavy equipment, construction or aggregates preferred
* Basic mechanical and construction knowledge and skills
* Ability to work a 40-hour work week M-F, 7 am - 4 pm, Additional overtime hours as needed
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, stoop and/or sit.
* Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
* Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of North American Aggregates, LLC, with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
North American Aggregates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$36k-48k yearly est.