Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
Student Transportation of America
Maintenance Technician Job in Paradise, PA
With general direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, provides a wide range of technical services on company buses, vans, and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under the direction of the Terminal Manger.
ASE Bonus Program
High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses.
At least two (2) years experience as a mechanic in an automotive, school bus, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to safely lift over 50 lbs.
Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance
1. Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
2. Following schedules, completes all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
3. With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs unscheduled maintenance as needed.
4. Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires interpreting and working from drawings, specifications and other technical materials.
5. Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
6. Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in and out of the garage for repairs and maintenance. If you don't have a Class B Commercial license training will be provided.
7. Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 50lbs) including bra