Grundy County Board of Education
Custodian Job in Tracy City, TN
QUALIFICATIONS 1. Able to read, write, speak and understand English;
2. Is clean and neat enough to present the proper appearance when confronting
students, teachers and the public;
3. At least one (1) year of experience so that with appropriate training, service
may be provided in the specific role for which employed; and
4. Meets health and physical requirements.
JOB GOAL To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
1. Keep all buildings and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times;
2. Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity;
3. Perform such grounds-keeping chores as grass cutting, tree trimming, etc.;
4. Unlock doors prior to student arrivals and secure doors after student departures;
5. Shovel, plow, and maintain steps, walks, driveways, and parking areas as needed;
6. Perform such minor building repairs as he/she is capable of;
7. Report major repairs that are needed promptly;
8. Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition;
9. Move furniture within buildings as required;
10. Keep the grounds free from rubbish;
11. Wash all windows on both the inside and outside;
12. Clean restrooms, classrooms, offices, hallways, and other areas of the building;
13. Conduct an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair;
14. Keep and inventory of supplies, equipment, and fuel on hand, and requisition needed replacements;
15. Compile with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste;
16. Know and follow all safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job; and
17. Perform other work-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Director of Schools.
This job may require lifting of objects that exceed fifty (50) pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Other physical demands that may be required are as follows:
1. Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
2. Climbing and/or balancing
3. Stooping, kneeling and/or crawling
Job Description: Custodian 12/11/2015
The required vocational preparation may come from any of the following:
TEMPERAMENT (Personal Traits)
1.Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different naturewithout loss of efficiency or composure.
2.Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity.
3.Adaptability to dealing with people.
4.Adaptability to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
CAPACITY AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to adequately learn or perform a task or job duty.
1.Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and makejudgments.
2.Manual Dexterity: Ability to move hands easily and manipulate small objects with the fingers.
3.Eye Hand-Foot Coordination: Ability to move the hand and foot coordinately in response to visual stimuli.
WORK CONDITIONS Some degree of physical discomfort due to exposure to weather conditions, dust, noise, and temperature. NON-EXEMPT from the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act in regard to earning (and being appropriately paid) time and a half for all work over forty hours in the defined work week (defined as Sunday 12:00 a.m. to the following Saturday at 11:59 p.m.). Custodians work 240 days.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.