Training Ambassador -1st Shift Tuesday - Saturday 6am-4:30pm
Bed Bath & Beyond
Port Reading, NJ
Train associates to perform departmental functions to meet overall productivity metrics for the facility. Must be able to work independently and within a team. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Use available technology and tools (i.e. RF Scanner, Computer applications, etc.) to train associates to be proficient in facility processes. Train associates to efficiently and accurately troubleshoot problems and escalate appropriately. Share knowledge with other associates
* Operates Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to move merchandise between warehouse locations.
* Teach and certify assigned associates their job specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and departmental tasks, while reinforcing safe work practices.
* Evaluate associates' skills and performance against teachings. Use departmental tools to assess associates' progress and understandings.
* Measure performance against standards or productivity metrics.
* Coach, mentor and provide feedback to associates.
* Track and complete recertification needs and other reports for LP and management.
* Provide regular updates to management on the status of performance categories.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area and exhibit safe work practices at all times.
* Adhere to ANSI, OSHA and company safety standards and policies.
* May be required to perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
* May be involved in accident / incident investigations.
* May be involved in writing Service Level Agreements (SLA) between departments.
* May be involved in updating SOPs as necessary.
* Warehouse Experience / Distribution Center
* Must be able to operate MHE, including a dolly, pallet jack (both electric and manual) single, double, swing reach, order picker and reach truck.
* Working knowledge of Warehouse Management System, Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of existing SOPs
* Minimum of 6 months experi
$22k-35k yearly est.