CVR Energy Inc.
Process Engineer Job in Wynnewood, OK
Process Engineer IWynnewoodFull-time
Under the direction of the Manager Technical Superintendent, support the Area Superintendent in monitoring the product specifications. Small project design to increase the productivity and efficiency of the refinery. Provide assistance to Project Engineering and outside consultants and firms in monitoring efficiency, expansion purposes. Provide support to Operations in helping to achieve their goals.
* Minimum requirement - B.S. Chemical Engineering Degree; prefer M.S. Chemical Engineering
* 2+ years of experience in oil refinery process engineering or operations preferred
* Experience with capital and operating cost estimating and economic analysis is preferred
* Experience with flow sheet development, equipment selection and sizing, pressure relief system calculation, general hydraulic calculation, PHA, process simulations and process selection studies is highly desirable
* Possess the ability to set up and maintain unit monitoring spreadsheets that include mass, heat and material balances and conversion calculation. Strong computer skills with Excel, Word and other Microsoft functions
* Knowledge and skills with HYSYS, PRO-II, PROMAX, VBA, MATLAB is preferred
* Have a good understanding of mechanical, machinery and towers
* Strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem solving understanding of P&ID's and PFD's
* Fluent in English, oral and written required
* Provide technical support for the Plan Operations
* Will be assigned to a specific unit)s) within the refinery with responsibilities of daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the area(s), process optimization, design and development of capital projects
* Will work in a team environment with operators and engineers to maintain and troubleshoot problems as well as develop advanced applications for the process units
* Small projects scope of work and working directly with Drafting and other Engineers in order to receive appropriate design and size of the equipment needed
* Provide support for Process Catalysts and Chemicals bidding. Contacting vendors for information and to provide vendors with appropriate information
* Assist in the planning of unit shutdowns and startups. Administer plant performance test runs as needed, provide any operational data or drawings required to vendors or maintenance if needed
* Data performance tracking with spreadsheets or providing information to vendors
* Provide information to Project Engineering for expansion purposes. Collect Lab Data or Operation Data to provide to the Project Engineering group or outside vendors
* Work with Computer personnel with TDCIAPC control system to help improve monitoring
* Research and monitor upcoming technology changes to improve future strategies within the Refinery
* Regularly communicate with supervisor work progress, concerns and questions
* Ensure safety, environmental compliance, Reliability and Operating Excellence
* Ensure product specifications are being met
* Reduce down time, proper bidding and thorough planning
* Optimize the Process, Design and Development of Capital Projects
* Embrace positive change, promote safety, drive inclusive behaviors, and support sustainable reliability
* Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply.