Wyoming MacHinery Company
Shop Technicians diagnose, service, troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild engines and construction, mining, on-highway trucks, forklifts, components and power systems equipment. Various levels of knowledge and abilities in the Essential Functions listed below are required and will determine job placement. Specific knowledge needed is dependent upon the individual departments within the company.
Job placement will be based on knowledge, skills, and abilities in accordance with the following guidelines, including prior experience:
* Apprentice I: Basic understanding of mechanical tools and service procedures.
Experience: Certificate from Technical school, one year of previous heavy equipment experience,
or possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
* Apprentice II: Basic component identification and understanding the functions of various
Caterpillar mechanical systems. Experience: Two years of previous heavy equipment experience.
* Shop: Understand the operation, troubleshooting, and repair of various Caterpillar mechanical systems. Experience: Minimum four years of previous experience heavy equipment experience.
* Master: Complete understanding and the advanced ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair various Caterpillar mechanical systems. Experience: Minimum ten years of previous experience heavy equipment experience.
The level of knowledge and performance expectations for all functions and skills will be outlined in greater detail in the Wyoming Machinery Company Employee Development Program.
* Performs troubleshooting and inspection of equipment and systems using diagnostic equipment
* Removes, repairs, and/or replaces components and parts on various equipment and systems to include (but not limited to): engine, hydraulic, brake, air, fuel, power train, electrical, tier 4, air, starting and steering systems.
* Follow company standards for work quality and safety
* Use a computer to prepare and submit accurate reports within established timeframe
* Communicate effectively and professionally to other employees, supervisors and customers
* Read and interpret parts books, service manuals and other system schematics
* Able to work rotating shift (days, evenings, nights)
* Operate equipment and machinery properly and safely
* Compile data to produce cost effective job estimates and parts orders
* Display a positive attitude and willingness to help others
* High school education or equivalent.
* Minimum of a Certificate from a Tech school or equivalent work experience outlined in the Job Summary level.
* Knowledgeable in various areas, including but not limited to gearing, bearings, seals, bushings, diesel and hydraulics.
* Able to effectively use stationary and portable boring equipment and machine tools as well as multiple other types of tooling to meet specific job needs.
* Understand and utilize tools for set up and layout work.
* Able to read and understand English, to include parts books, service manuals and electrical and hydraulic schematics. Must also have clear written and oral communication skills.
* Safely rig or hook for lifting any part or component of a machine
* Ability to think and work through difficult projects or problems, and have mechanical aptitude
* Possess ability to learn Cat software systems and have basic PC skills
* Ability to safely operate motor vehicles and job-related equipment
* Prolonged walking, sitting and standing
* Exposed to dirt, grease, dust, noise and other elements within the work environment
* Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Use of all necessary personal protective equipment
* Work in elevated position, climbing, bending, stooping and squatting
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and may be amended at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Employer. Wyoming Machinery Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.