The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor.
* Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc., by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc., as necessary/directed.
* Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc.
* Clean windows and screens as directed.
* Replace lights bulbs, including exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., and perform cleaning duties in very high places.
* Service heating and cooling units/systems.
* Maintain general plant and facility in good repair, ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment.
* Assure maintenance supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
* Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc.
* Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by your supervisor, department director, and/or administrator.
* Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
$31k-48k yearly est.