What Does A Yoga Instructor Do At Massage Envy
* Deliver 30- and 60-minute Total Body Stretch sessions to promote members’ and guests’ flexibility, mobility, circulation, injury prevention, recovery and performance as part of the Massage Envy vision of total body care.* Customize sessions to best meet member and guest needs.* Make recommendations on frequency, enhancements (when applicable), and home care within the scope of practice.* Assist in the cleanliness of the location.* Maintain professional appearance at all times.* Assist in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to members and guests receiving stretch therapy on a regular basis; communicate various promotions to members and guests.* Create excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.* Reliable, on time attendance.* Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.* Other duties as assigned
What Does A Yoga Instructor Do At Educational Alliance, Inc.
* Customer Service* Create a unique and memorable experience with students* Guide students through a challenging and level appropriate class* Maintain neat, professional attire and a courteous, helpful attitude* Foster and grow strong relationships with our fitness facility members* Uphold key values of 14StreetY team members: accountability, anticipating needs, Positive attitude and atmosphere* Health & Safety* Create and lead sequences and routines that are appropriate for the students* Check in with students to ascertain any injuries or special needs* Maintain CPR/AED certification* Be familiar with and adhere to established building procedures and protocols* Respond appropriately to emergency situations arising in class* Other* Announce upcoming workshops and special events to the members* Develop professional relationships with co-workers, participants and guests* Attend Fitness department meetings as scheduled* Perform other duties as assigned* Maintain certifications
What Does A Yoga Instructor Do At City Colleges of Chicago
* Lead safe and effective exercise classes.* Begin and end classes on time.* Monitor participants throughout entire class.* Offer and demonstrate exercise modifications based on participants needs and levels of fitness.* Keep accurate attendance records.* Follow check-in policies for each class.* Provide suitable music and routines according to class descriptions.* Attend staff meetings and trainings.* Know and review emergency procedures.* High School Diploma or equivalent.* Current C* P.R. certification.* Current Yoga instructor certification through a recognized yoga certifying body.* Minimum experience of one year instructing Yoga classes.* Thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology and the effects of exercise on the body.* Basic nutrition knowledge.* Must possess good teaching and communication skills.* Ability to motivate participants and treat them as individuals.* We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
What Does A Yoga Instructor Do At YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
* Plans and instructs fitness and/or related classes, following YMCA standards and guidelines.* Sets up and takes down class equipment.* Reports equipment problems.* Attends staff meetings and approved trainings as required.* Maintain current certifications.* Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.* Develops rapport with members and responds to questions related to fitness.* Ensures safe and effective workouts.* Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents.* Discusses and promotes all YMCA programs.* Motivates members to commit to long term participation.* Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.* Plans and implements a program in accordance with the goals and policies of the YMCA.* Coordinates activities which are culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate.* Any additional duties as assigned. * Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.* Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.* Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.* Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.* Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.* Child Abuse Prevention* Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:* Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor* Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children* Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor* Completing all child abuse prevention training as required* Commitment to Inclusion* Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.* Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations.* Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities
What Does A Yoga Instructor Do At 24 Hour Fitness, Inc.
* Technical Duties* Educates members on safe techniques and guidelines* Greet all members and orients new participants* Instructs class to the ability level of the students participating* Monitor participants through perceived rate of exertion* Works with participants to achieve fitness goals* Encourages new participants and orients them to class* Utilize schedule source for personal class scheduling and class substitution* Comply with all of 24 Hour Fitness company policies and procedures* Administrative Duties* Instructs group exercise classes according to schedule and according to company standards* Starts and finishes class on time as scheduled* Stores all equipment neatly and appropriately* Documents equipment problems in club maintenance log and reports problem to Service Manager* Attends instructor trainings and supervisor's meetings* Promotion* Participates in all GX department events, club events and company events