Information Technology Support Specialist
United Refining Company
Technical Support Specialist Job in Warren, PA
Real time Plant operating data is stored in historical archives on Windows-based systems. This data is used company-wide to plan, monitor, and review thousands of instruments and processes in the refinery environment. The PSSS is responsible for maintaining these databases and the programs that distribute data to the various departments within the Company.
· Primarily responsible for administration of the Plant Information Server, or PI server. This includes administering a Windows-based server, PI software, SQL Server databases, hardware, and software interfaces with OPC historian devices.
· Responsible for Plant-wide Asset Management System and all related devices.
· Administrator for the Engineering Department File Archive server and access.
· Install and maintain data delivery and visualization on client-side devises. (Processbook, Datalink)
· Develops and maintains Processbook PI information library.
· Install and maintain data collection on client devices. (Manual Logger)
· Support the Engineering Department Personal Computers.
· Support the Refinery Plant environment Personal Computers.
· Support the Refinery Plant Physical Copper and Fiber Networks.
· Support the Refinery Digital Time Clock System and Database.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by departmental management.
Server administration, TCP-IP network administration, personal computer administration, personal computer repair, personal computer troubleshooting, Windows-domain environment administration, hardware, and peripheral installation, reporting and writing proficiency, high-level troubleshooting and problem solving, research and development, technical efficiency, network, and computer security.
Office Environment (75%) Refinery Environment (25%) (may increase with asset management).
Moderate. Lifting 50+ pounds; climbing ladders, towers, and structures. Field activities can include entry into confined spaces, navigating among field equipment and piping, and ladder/stair access to elevated structures and platforms. Field activities will require Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, PI Processbook, PI Datalink, PI SMT, PI Manual Logger, PI Asset Framework, DeltaV, Aspentech, AutoCad, Adobe Suite, GriTs, 7-Zip, IIS 8, Oracle Primavera, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio.
Preferred Education and Experience
: Associates or Bachelor's degree in computer studies, CCNA, MCSE, SQL Admin, VB Programing.