1. You will order sweet tea at a business dinner and get a raise (of a glass!) because of it.
Source: Flickr user the_family_farm
2. You will conduct business on the golf course as much as possible in the summer (or March for that matter).
Source: Flickr user familymwr
3. You will have to choose a college sports team and it may impact your employment chances.
Source: Flickr user 95902938@N06
4. You will stop on the way to work to grab a biscuit and a coffee.
5. You will have moonshine at the company holiday parties.
Source: Flickr user nanpalmero
6. You will add Duke’s Mayo to your brown bag sandwiches.
Source: Flickr user afiler
7. You will argue at the water cooler over what the best BBQ joint in town (Q-Shack in Durham in case you were wondering).
Source: Q Shack FB Page
8. You will wear a toboggan to work in the winter (But you won’t be able to ride one to work very often).
Source: Flickr user afiler
9. You will drink some kind of local brew at Friday night happy hour.
10. You will take vacations to the outer banks (or the closest beach possible).
Source: Flickr user 8308527@N02
11. You will run into colleagues at the farmer’s market on Saturday morning — and try to avoid them if you’re me.
Source: Durham’s Farmer Market Facebook
12. You will learn what each city specializes in and naturally gravitate towards one over the others (They call it the Research Triangle for a reason).
13. You will make Nabs the official office snack.
14. You will have to travel to Churyville (not Cherryville) and Beaufort (not Bewfort) for business meetings.
15. You will find out that North Carolina runs on Krispy Kremes, not Dunkin Donuts.
Source: Flickr user jjandames
16. You will have the best chance of snagging a job near the two major (best?!) cities in the Tar Heel State — Raleigh and Charlotte.
17. You will wish you could expense team lunches at Cookout.
Source: Cookout Facebook Page
18. You will set up your own set of radio stations for the commute to work — Kiss95.1, WUNC, WFAE, G105…
Source: G105 Facebook Page
19. You will try to wear flip flops to work at least once.
Source: Flickr user awesomnesslol666
20. You will have a harder time finding a job around the border of the state.
Source: Flickr user taberandrew
21. You will join the office softball team — or kickball or volleyball or basketball or every other sport imaginable.
Source: Flickr user vittands
22. You will bless your boss’s heart a little too much sometimes.
23. You will ask the person in charge of company food to make sure they stock up on Cheerwine and Sundrop.
Source: Flickr user boomshackalack
24. You will love how far your paycheck goes because of the low cost of living.
25. You will work hard so that one day you can own a house as large as the Biltmore.
Source: Flickr user jenniferboyer
26. You will cherish office lunches sponsored by Bojangles.
Source: Bojangles’ Facebook
27. Y’all learn to use y’all in casual business lingo.
28. You will wish the company would host a party at the North Carolina Zoo.
29. You will want to have your retirement party at Duke Gardens.
Source: Sarah P. Duke Gardens Facebook
30. You will have colleagues over on the weekends to hang out the porch and take in the awesomeness of North Carolina.
Source: Flickr User Alfred Cunningham (MCAS Cherry Point)