Find a Job You Really Want In
2020 has been a dumpster fire.
While some people managed to work on themselves during quarantine, a lot of us gained weight, lost jobs, and binged on Netflix rather than self-improvement.
However, as 2020 draws to an end, many are aspiring to a better 2021.
It begs the question, what resolutions are people making? We analyzed data from Google to find each state’s most popular new year’s resolution.
The results? More people are working on their insides than their outsides.
- Therapy is the most popular resolution in 12 states
- Right behind therapy is weight loss- with 8 states focusing on slimming down
- 7 states want to quarantine and chill, judging from their searches for internet dating and dating advice
- 4 states just want a good night’s sleep for 2021
- Texas and Wyoming want a new job for the new year (cough, Zippia can help with that, cough)
- Just as many states are hoping to save money as those hoping for a nice (but probably expensive) vacation
- A group of states on the Atlantic coast are getting their book on for the New Year
How We Determined This
Using Google Trends, we determined each state’s most popular New Year’s resolution.
We examined search queries related to common new years resolutions (such as “weight training,” and “weight loss.”) From there, we determined each state’s most “uniquely searched resolution” from the list, which means what resolution each state searched for disproportionately more than other states in the U.S from the list of resolutions.
We looked at the month of January 2019 to give people a whole month to act on their new year’s resolution (and a month to give up…)
While we can’t say for certain all the searches for, say, jobs are related to the new year, it’s a pretty good bet that someone googling jobs in January is looking to change their job in 2020.
If You’re Looking For A New Job…
While around 80% of resolutions fail, that doesn’t mean your goals are doomed to fail. It’s simply a matter of determination and finding the right resources to assist you along the way.
If you’re hoping 2020 will land your dream job (or get you a healthy raise at your current one!), we can help.
Our tools and search engine, give you all the information you need to leverage your skills on the job market.
Now, if you’re hoping to pump iron or lose some of the quarantine 15, we definitely can’t help with that.
Each State’s Most Popular New Year’s Resolution
|Colorado||Meet New People|
|District of Columbia||Dating|
|New Mexico||Get A Raise|
|North Carolina||Read More|
|North Dakota||Save Money|
|Oklahoma||Meet New People|
|Rhode Island||Weight loss|
|South Carolina||Read More|
|South Dakota||Quit Drinking|
|West Virginia||Weight loss|
Now Try Zippia’s Job Search
Project Team Manager Jobs