Find a Job You Really Want In
Back in high school I had the best job you could have in high school, I worked at the local movie theater for minimum wage plus free popcorn and movies. I was happy to make minimum wage back then, but now I couldn’t imagine living on the $5.86/hr I was making.
All of this reminiscing got me wondering, who gets paid the least in Maine?
So to piggy-backing on our research into the highest paying jobs in Maine, we decided to use data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to identify the lowest paying jobs.
After combing through the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we discovered that Ushers, Lobby Attendants, And Ticket Takers are the lowest paid people in Maine.
Here’s a quick look at the 10 lowest paying jobs in Maine:
- Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Cooks, Fast Food
For more information on how much the lowest paying jobs pay, read on, or check out this other reading on Maine:
If youĂÂre interested, you can read more about the Maine job scene here:
- These Are The 10 Best Places in Maine To Get A Job
- These Are The 10 Best Jobs In Maine For Recent College Grads
- These Are The 10 Fastest Growing Jobs In Maine In 2017
We looked at the BLS’s data set for all 576 job classifications in Maine in order to identify those that get paid the least.
We will update the data annually as it becomes available from the BLS. The most recent data is as of May 2018.
For more reading, check out:
Are you looking for job opportunities?
Tell us your goals and we'll match you with the right jobs to get there.
Detailed List Of The Lowest Paying Jobs In Maine
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?