Find a Job You Really Want In
How do you measure a dad? By number of children? Is it in dad jokes cracked? Or maybe it’s just how white their New Balances are.
We spent a great deal of time deliberating on this highly serious question.
There are a lot of things that make dads, well, dads. It’s not only fathering a child, but it’s parenting a child- and the weird set of daddisms that seems to go with it.
In honor of Father’s Day, we set out to find the “daddest” states.
You can see our very serious, solemn methodology, along with how dad your state is below:
Our Most Interesting, Fatherly Findings
- Iowa is the daddest state in the US, while Florida is the least.
- In fact, the Midwest is a hotbed of dadness where New Balances shine bright white and asking for your steak well-done gets a firm “no” in response.
- Meanwhile, the west coast is a pretty un-dad-like.
- Where are the biggest grill daddies at? Montana.
- North Carolinian dads spend the most on their kids, on average a whopping $17,666 per year.
- Wyoming is home of the dad joke, while barely anyone is laughing in Rhode Island.
The Daddest States
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- South Carolina
The Least Dad States
Scroll to the bottom to see the most dad states, the least, and those waffling in the middle.
How We Figured This Out
We looked into four dad factors in each state:
- Average amount spent yearly on child in each state
- BBQ obsession
- Interest in New Balance
- Popularity of dad jokes
The first factor we took into account was the average amount of money spent yearly per child in each state, using data from Opploan. After all, a big part of dad-ing is taking care of your children financially. Or, as my dad grumbled, being a walking wallet.
From there, we set out to examine the social markers of fatherhood. Namely, BBQing, attire (New Balances), and dad jokes. For these categories, we added together relevant Google search trends to uncover which state is dadding the hardest.
Keep reading to see where your state landed when it comes to dadness.
“If you love dad jokes but don’t have kids, what does that make you?”
A Faux Pa.
But no shame in being a faux pa, let your New Balance’s be blindingly white and tell everyone about your favorite dry rub. Shoot, while you’re at it, go ahead and
The Daddest States, Ranked
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?