Find a Job You Really Want In
To put it mildly, 2020 has been a really long year.
With a global pandemic changing the way we live, work, and interact with others, it’s been one for the history books.
No doubt, many are looking forward on New Year’s Eve, to having a firm drink and hoping for a better year coming up.
In the interest of science, we analyzed Google data to find out what folks in each state will be drinking as the clock strikes midnight.
The results? Champagne is still a classic, but some people are going downright tropical.
Most Interesting Findings
- No surprise, champagne is the most popular choice, with 21 states popping bottles the most on New Year’s Eve
- Connecticut is busy drinking prosecco instead, which is different somehow?
- 5 states think life is a beach and are drinking daquiris
- Tropical drinks in the middle of winter are surprisingly popular
- Louisiana is celebrating with Sazerac, a New Orleans version of Whiskey
- Other cocktails loved by multiple states? Amaretto Sour, Vodka Cranberry, Lemon Drops, Rum and Cokes, and the Paloma
- Wyoming will be downing the White Russian, the dude approves
HOW WE FIGURED THIS OUT
Using Google Trends, we determined what beverage each state will be ringing in the New Year’s with.
We examined over 30 popular drinks- including champagne, classic cocktails, and fruity concoctions. From there, we determined each state’s most “uniquely searched cocktails” from the list, which means what drink each state searched for more than anywhere else in the U.S from the list of drinks.
In the event of two (or more) drinks tying for a state, the drink with the highest, overall search volume was chosen.
Since we wanted to find out what folks were knocking back at New Year’s, we looked at a 4-day period around New Year’s 2019.
Cheers! This Is Going To Be Your Year
While 21 states are cheering in the new year’s with a traditional champagne, others are going for less… typical choices.
Daiquiris and Margaritas bring to mind beaches, and not ball drops. But hey, you know what?
It’s been a rough year, so take a moment to give yourself a pat on the shoulder for surviving it. And if you want to mix up a Margarita instead of Champagne to celebrate, go right ahead.
It’s your new year, so you do you.
Each State’s Favorite Drink
|District of Columbia||Rum and Coke|
|Hawaii||Rum and Coke|
|New Mexico||Amaretto Sour|
|North Dakota||Lemon drop|
|Rhode Island||Strawberry Daiquiri|
|West Virginia||Amaretto Sour|
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?