Find a Job You Really Want In
Everyone has something to celebrate.
Whether it’s Eeyore’s birthday or roadkill, people love to celebrate. That’s where events and festivals come into play.
Some of the things that people choose to celebrate are just downright weird. Not that there’s anything wrong with weird.
We just wouldn’t fit in at the Waikiki Spam Jam or even the Fire Ant Festival. It’s just not our cup of tea.
We’ll stick to the career fairs. But, in case you’re into weird festivals, here are just a few of the ones that stood out to us.
Summary of the Weirdest Events
- Mooning of the Amtrak: When we say that California pulls off a “Mooning of the Amtrak” event every year, we don’t mean a moonlit train ride. We quite literally mean people drop their pants for the passing Amtrak train. Starting at 7:30 a.m. and ending with the last train ride of the day around midnight. Amtrak has even started slowing down their trains that day to allow their passengers to “enjoy” the view.
- Frozen Dead Guy Days: Known as the weirdest winter festival in the U.S., the Frozen Dead Guy Days isn’t your typical event. Basically, a guy’s grandfather passed away in the ’80s and he sent the body to a scientist for it to be frozen until science could cure the grandfather’s ailments. Now, the body resides in Colorado with the grandfather’s daughter and so the state named the winter fest after the unique situation. Because who doesn’t like frozen dead guys? The best part of this fest is definitely the coffin race.
- Duck Tape® Festival: Everyone knows that duct tape fixes everything. Divorce, a broken car window, dislocated shoulder. Everything. But the people in Ohio know that better than anyone and that’s why they celebrate with a Duck Tape® Festival. Since Avon, Ohio, is home to the Duck brand duct tape, it seems fitting that it’s known as the “Duck Tape Capital” of the world. The festival highlights the many uses of the tape, including sculptures, fashion, games and a parade.
- No Pants Subway Ride: This event is pretty self-explanatory. Every year in January, New Yorkers gather to ride the rails without their pants. The purpose? To confuse bystanders. Donned with scarves, hats, mittens, coats, heavy socks, this is the best chance for event-goers to show off their best undies.
- Quiet Music Festival: Music festivals are popular all over the U.S. These festivals are typically really loud and filled to the brim with people. And most of those people tend to be in an altered state-of-mind. If that sounds like a nightmare to you, you’re not alone. In fact, Portland, Oregon, came up with a solution: Quiet Music Festival. Instead, this festival is soothing. It’s comparable to a jazz concert or even a theater production. The music so soothing and calm that you might actually fall asleep during the festival.
The Weirder, The Better
If nothing else maybe this will inspire you to celebrate all the weird things you love.
Although it may not seem like there’s much cause for celebration with how this year is going, maybe that’s all the more reason to celebrate.
So get out there and learn to be weird. It’s time to embrace that side of yourself. I mean who doesn’t want to attend an Elvis festival? Or even a Burning Man Festival, whatever that is.
Don’t forget to check out the Goosefest and the UFO Festival. Here’s a full list of other weird events you won’t want to miss.
|Alabama||The Peanut Butter Festival|
|Alaska||Cordova Ice Worm Festival|
|Arizona||Tucson Fringe Festival|
|Arkansas||Ozark UFO Conference|
|California||Mooning of the Amtrak|
|Colorado||Frozen Dead Guy Days|
|Connecticut||Connecticut Sheep, Wool, and Fiber Festival|
|Delaware||Greyhounds Reach the Beach Festival|
|Florida||Underwater Music Festival|
|Georgia||Fire Ant Festival|
|Hawaii||Waikiki Spam Jam|
|Indiana||Marshall County Blueberry Festival|
|Iowa||Maple Syrup Festival|
|Kansas||Beef Empire Days|
|Maine||The Dance Mile|
|Massachusetts||Mac ‘N Cheese Festival|
|Michigan||Humungus Fungus Fest|
|Minnesota||Grumpy Old Men Festival|
|Mississippi||Tupelo Elvis Festival|
|Montana||Darby Logger Days|
|Nebraska||The Chicken Show|
|Nevada||Burning Man Festival|
|New Hampshire||Fairy House Festival|
|New Jersey||Weird Week|
|New Mexico||UFO Festival|
|New York||No Pants Subway Ride|
|North Carolina||NC Pickle Fest|
|Ohio||Duct Tape Festival|
|Oklahoma||Fried Onion Burger Day Festival|
|Oregon||Quiet Music Festival|
|Rhode Island||H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival|
|South Carolina||Ayden Collard Festival|
|South Dakota||International Vinegar Festival|
|Tennessee||Spring Hill Country Ham Festival|
|Texas||Eeyore’s Birthday Party|
|Utah||Sundance Film Festival|
|West Virginia||Roadkill Cook-Off|
|Wisconsin||Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw and Festival|
|Wyoming||Cheyenne Zombie Fest|
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?