Find a Job You Really Want In
Over 500,000 Americans work at or for pizza joints- dishing up over 3 billion, cheesy, delicious pizzas each year.
While some of these jobs include waiters, pizza delivery drivers, and store managers, it also includes a plethora of marketing, accounting, and other business jobs- all of whom earn their dough directly or indirectly through pizza dough.
Since October is National Pizza Month, what better time to slice into all things pizza and pizza jobs? Keep reading for Zippia’s first state of Pizza:
Most Interesting Findings
- Connecticut loves pizza the most, and they like it cheesey.
- In fact, New England and the Midwest are the biggest fans of pizza. With the rest of the country clearly making less informed decisions about pizza.
- Hawaii likes pizza the least. And since their favorite pizza is Caprese (not Hawaiian!), I’m not sure they like real pizza at all.
- A whopping 29 states like cheese pizza best.
- Can we talk about Georgia, North Dakota, and New Mexico ordering so much pizza? Maybe hold an intervention?
- Move over pepperoni, 7 states favorite pie is bbq chicken.
- Chicken as a whole is surprisingly popular with 10 states liking some poultry on their pizza.
- The pizza joints with the most sales in order are: 1.) Domino’s, 2.) Pizza Hut, and 3.) Little Caesar’s
- Your average pizza delivery driver only makes $9.95 an hour and drives 75 to 100 miles a shift- tip good folks!
Keep reading to see the full map of the most pizza loving states and more.
Where has the most pizza places?
How We Determined This
Our cheesy intel on pizza toppings comes from Yelp, who tracked the amount of nationwide pizza orders placed on Yelp and Eat24, then filtered by state. While this might make the orders a bit more premium than average (I’m looking at you caprese and white pizza!), it still provides a great window into each state’s pizza ordering habits.
Finally, we turned to PMQ Magazine for data on pizza restaurants per capita. With the safe assumption the more pizza places, the more pizza lovers in a state.
Altogether, these formed our very cheesy article.
WHAT PERSON DOESN’T LIKE PIZZA?
A weirdough. So go ahead and order yourself a nice xl-pizza, with all your favorite toppings. Or maybe just cheese if you’re like 29 states where this basic ‘za is your go to.
Of course, if you’re one of the half million Americans who pizza isn’t just a passion, it’s their job, you might get an employee discount. Talk about an underrated job benefit!
You can see our full cheese-y, pineapple-topped, BBQ facts below:
Table Of All Things Pizza
|State||Favorite Pizza||Stores Per Capita|
|Maine||Grilled Chicken White Pizza||2|
|South Dakota||Chicken Bacon Ranch||2|
|West Virginia||Meat Lovers||3|
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?