Find a Job You Really Want In
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Luckily, for the US beer industry — which handles a market worth $120 billion. While craft beers are becoming more prominent, go to any cookout or happy hour and you’ll see plenty of familiar, big beer labels. It got us thinking, what is the most popular beer in each state?
We analyzed search data to find what kind of beer each state is popping open.
The results? It’s probably a Budweiser or Corona, maybe a Coors or Bud Light. Sorry, craft beer lovers- big beer is still king!
Most Interesting Findings
- The most popular beer? Budweiser is the go-to in a staggering 27 states.
- In 2nd place is Corona, with 19 states
- St. Louis, Missouri based Anheuser-Busch sweeps the Midwest with Budweiser– “The King of Beers.”
- Corona is more popular on the coasts.
- Vermont and Rhode Island are the only two states to like Bud Light Lime the best. No comment.
- None of Milwaukee’s finest made the cut in Wisconsin. However, just to be clear, as a whole Wisconsin has extremely high search volume for beer searches.
- If you ever wondered who actually drinks Coors, apparently it’s New Mexico and Colorado.
How We Determined This
We started with a list of the 70 most popular beers. From there, we took to Google search data to find the most searched for beers. Slowly (and quite painfully) we narrowed it down to the top 10.
From there we simply good used Google Trend’s data platform to find the beer of choice in each state. We looked at a year of search data- giving each state plenty opportunity to show whether they were a bud man or living the coors’ life.
We excluded White Claw, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, and others of the wine colors trying to pass for beer ilk, because they aren’t beer.
You can see a chart breakdown of our findings below, or you could go ahead and start happy hour early. The choice is yours.
Most Popular Beers
|State||Most Popular Beer|
|Rhode Island||Bud Light|
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?