Find a Job You Really Want In
Happy National Junk Food Day. In honor of this very serious, highly celebrated holiday, we set out to find what each state’s favorite snack was.
After all, snacking is one of workers favorite non-work things to do at work. While it might be lunch o’clock somewhere, most of the day is the snack time.
Across the country, and around the clock, hungry workers are crinkling chip wrappers at their desks or jamming quarters into vending machines to get their favorite candy bar.
You can see how we found out each state’s favorite snacks and some of our favorite findings below.
What We Found Out
- Oreos are beloved- 5 states reach for Oreos before anything else.
- All the “itos” chips (Fritos, Doritos, and Cheetos) made the map.
- Missouri’s favorite treat, Grandma’s Cookies are a brand, not their actual grandma’s cookies- Although I’m sure those are good, too.
- Most snacks were some state’s favorites. But no one likes Butterfingers, Hi-Chews, MMs’s, Reese’s, and Twizzlers the best. This is definite proof that some states’ have crummy taste. Really, Alaska, you’d rather have a granola bar than Reese’s? I get Hi-Chew not being anyone’s favorite, but MM’s are awesome.
- Why does the Midwest like sunflower seeds so much? Both North Dakota and Wyoming’s favorite treats are sunflower seeds.
- Sweet wins over salty- 29 states’ favorite snack is sweet.
How We Determined This
Using Google Trends, we determined which states were the most avid fans of each snack. We examined 45 different favorite snacks, given us a wide range of beloved foods.
We, being sane reasonable humans, excluded gum and sodas from our pretend vending machine snack roulette. Hopefully, you don’t swallow gum. Plus, liquid isn’t a snack- it’s a liquid. We then selected a range of popular chips, cookies, candies, and a few other vending machine favorites.
Go Forth And Snack
There you have it, each state’s favorite snack. Some are delicious. And some just answer the question, “Who eats PayDays anyways?” (Louisiana, by the way.)
However, it proves there is a snack for everyone.
While you may be trying to avoid the Quarantine 15, today is National Snack Day. So, maybe today you skip the apple and grab whatever unhealthy snack floats your boat.
Each States’ Favorite Junk Food
|State||Favorite Junk Food|
|Michigan||Sour Patch Kids|
|Montana||Rice Krispy Treats|
|New Hampshire||Almond Joy|
|New Mexico||Beef Jerky|
|New York||Chips Ahoy|
|North Dakota||Sunflower seeds|
|Oklahoma||Sour Patch Kids|
|Rhode Island||Ritz Crackers|
|South Carolina||Salt And Vinegar Chips|
|South Dakota||Milky Way|
Now Try Zippia’s Job Search
Find The Best Job That Fits Your Career
Where do you want to work?